Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 1 STAY-AT-HOME ...... unless you are an essential employee

Today March 30 was the Day... you know what I mean. It was the day we were told to stay at home .. starting at 5pm and if we were not essential personnel somewhere or going to the grocery or pharmacy or doctor etc, we had no reason to be out. Stop playing basketball in large groups or 50 people walking the track. I mean folks! How much clearer does it have to be?  I stopped by Fausto Coffee with my person on the way to school and gave the owner some violet syrup. It was muchly appreciated since it was 7 am and she had already had a sort of crappie day..... no blueberry muffins for my person .....

School was pretty busy today since all the teachers were supposed to have the packets ready to go up to spring break ( April 10 ) and so everyone was getting their homeroom material together. My person was concerned because there didn't seem to be four classes for all her kids, but what could she do? She had her packets ready and put in each of her kids homeroom teacher boxes. On a sad note, she found out that the German exchange student that was in her Anatomy H class has been told she has to return to Germany ASAP. But, if we weren't online, she could have stayed.... on a good note, once she gets back in school she is going to talk to her guidance counselors and get a sister school program going! That means my person can go visit her school!!! I tried to help as best I could with getting all the paperwork done, but I have really short arms and it was hard to hold so many papers.






 How do you think I did?

Once all of the work was done, it was time to head home..... shhhhhh...... my person had a spare roll of paper towels and so we brought them home..... but shhhhhhh..... don't say anything because Steve will get mad!  :)





 So what do you do on a really nice day ? You know, one that is that day before it rains AGAIN? Did you say go work in the garden? Well, yes, I think I will.



This is working, right? Or what about this?

or having a chat with a butterfly... does that count?

All joking aside, my people have worked hard to make things look beautiful and what they couldn't do, nature did...... take a look at the beauty.... then smile and know things will be ok!!!





I was wandering back into the garden when I spotted a female Cardinal flying into the arbor, so of course I went to check it out and this is what I found..... can't wait to watch for eggs , then babies!!


No good day in the garden is over without a sit down chat with my friend and I took the opportunity today to listen to a bit of lovely flute music... music makes everything seem better.. don't you agree?



Words of Wisdom:   “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.” – Plato



1 comment:

  1. Cosee the garden looks beautiful. You did a great job today helping get the packets ready to go, short arms and all. Take care of your person. God has us all in His mighty hands.

    ReplyDelete