Wednesday, March 25, 2020

I scream, You scream .... we all scream for ice cream

So welcome to day number ... um ... day Wednesday. I can't keep up with the number of days , can you? It was an odd day that started out with some crazy intense, but totally glorious thunderstorms over night. It was a bit hard to sleep and some limbs came down , but what a display! How can you not like a good thunderstorm. The morning was a set routine , with the only exception : get the truck inspected , because the state of NC may close everything down , but I am betting that we would get a ticket if we had an expired tag.... you know what I mean , don't you!!?? So my people dropped off the truck and headed to school , just like every other day for the past week and a half.

We got a bunch of work done: all the packets are labeled and put into advisors' boxes , the online work is up-to-date and the best thing is that my person discovered a site called readworks.org.  So , now she can take attendance and have the kids read earth science stuff so they'll stay interested. That doesn't mean that they aren't supposed to comment on my blogs for attendance..... they still have to do that...... I need some help here, getting a conversation or two started. It is super hard to have a conversation with yourself, no matter how cute or sassy you are. My person had a student in class a while ago and the cool thing is that he is a meteorologist now!! Whoo Hoo!! Go Justin!!! I bet that if we asked him really nicely, he might blog for us or answer questions or do a zoom meeting. Now that would be cool!!! You game Justin?

My person got another 4 readings of the Martian done and just about the time that I was going to tell her : STOP!!! Enough already! .... Mr. Clarke made an announcement that the ice cream truck was here and oh boy! Yes it was!!! We were super stoked and practiced our social distancing while buying ice cream... Thank you Downtown Dairy Treats!!!! You guys really do need to visit this amazing place ( once the shut down is over ! Be safe and give it a little time - BUT ... don't forget them. )







 I mean, look at that deliciousness....... too yummy!!!

So how do you top a pig named Grunt yesterday and ice cream delivery today? You go to the seed store and buy seeds, smell a flower or two and then come home and harvest violets from your yard.


The violets are soaking in hot water to be turned into violet syrup and that will taste amazing. Maybe you all can have a taste when school starts again! But if you want to make your own ... here's the link for the recipe :  https://www.thespruceeats.com/violet-flower-syrup-recipe-1327872

It will be so pretty when its done.... check this out!



Other than that, it has been a quiet day ...... took a little photography and watched some Magnum P.I. ( the old school version with Tom Selleck ) Check out my pictures and a picture of Magnum!!






and then my person's favorite Magnum PI :


So tonight I want to remind you to stay at home ; learn a new recipe, write down your thoughts or check out your backyard.......

Words of Wisdom : in honor of Mrs. Smith at LHS who is Hawaiian

E hele me ka pu’olo – (Always Take An Offering With You. Make Every Person Place or Condition Better Than You Left It Always. Wherever You Go, Always Take Something With You.) …This Is The Sacred Hawaiian Way, the Way of Abundant Flow Honoring Ke Akua (God) and His Creation Which is Nature.)

No comments:

Post a Comment