Thursday, March 19, 2020

It's an eerie feeling...all this emptiness and silence....

As part of the monkey  species , I am quite used to being in very large family groups and functioning as one unit. Well , I mean ,  there was this one time, when my brother ( he was a green sock monkey ) thought that it would be a good idea to hide in the plants and scare us.. that was not good and he wasn't green anymore after that! ) Anyway, back to what I was saying. This is a very eerie and quiet place without all the humans here. It's downright unnerving - I wish that they would follow the CDC guidelines and stay in the house to play or sleep. I mean really , its cloudy and drizzly out.. what a better time than that, right? By the way , EE guys from my person Bosiak, she is collecting all the weather stuff you need, she said don't worry about that. SO... at 8 am , when the cafeteria is usually really loud and busy , there was nobody here. The silence was enough to drive me and my friend Lamby , crazy! All I saw was the stacks of papers from yesterday on the tables and waiting to be picked up by people that couldn't yesterday. That is like the last piece of connection to my person's kids : good thing that she uses Remind to stay in touch with them. I am pretty sure she misses talking with them every day!

Sgt. Fowler was being funny this morning and surprised us all when he came to school in a suit like this for " protection" I got a good look at that mask: Whew! I hope he doesn't really plan on that protecting him...

I did get the chance to check out the long hall on the 200 floor to make sure that it fit the needs of our race! We are seriously considering designing a set of race guidelines that Mr. Benoit could use in his physics and/or physical science classes. And ..... of course they have to be tested for authentic learning goals! The hall meets approval for our guidelines, let's see if we can make this work... more on that later.  I can only say that we think it will be fun and be accomplishing some planning for the future. So , we all need to keep our heads up , sneeze into our elbows ( do I even have elbows? ) , practice good hand washing sanitation and know that we've got this! Journal your thoughts and experiences because you will forget as time passes ; Take some virtual field trips to places you may want to visit! https://www.360cities.net/  or look at fabulous pictures of  space going back many years Astronomy picture of the day ..... learn to cook! But most of all don't worry :especially about things you cannot control! See you soon ....

P.S You can reach out and chat with me if you like.... just post a reply at the bottom.



No comments:

Post a Comment