Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Who could begin to imagine that the world would have a toilet paper shortage? .........................

Before we go too far, let me introduce myself. My name is Cosee and I am a blue sock monkey and I have hijacked Kathy Bosiak's blog. Yep , you heard that right; a blue sock monkey. Well, why is that so strange in the craziness that humans have done in the past few months? I am educated and have spent time in some of the finest classes that Lincolnton High School has to offer ; quite social: I have been to DECCA and many proms ; and I am a seasoned world traveler. But enough of me.. what are these humans doing? The COVID-19 virus..... the corona virus... call it what you would like. It should make people think that they might want to have a little chicken soup with garlic ( my granny made the best soup.. oh wait . I am wandering ) , or some cough drops or extra tissues in the house and ready for the virus. But.... what did my humans do? They went to the big box stores and bought all the disinfectant wipes ; all the baby wipes, all the paper towels and holy moly: all the toilet paper! I have been through blizzards in New England and Ohio and snowstorms in N.C where we were stranded for a few days . I have weathered two hurricanes ( one that my people had no power for 14 days and no water ) and in all those events, nobody went so crazy and bought TP paper.... I am so confused and hope that someday I will understand, but for now... it is too confusing.
I shall protect the paper, I promise!

Add caption
"And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still. And listened more deeply. Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows. And the people began to think differently.
"And the people healed. And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.
"And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed."
~Irene Vella






















No comments:

Post a Comment