Friday, March 27, 2020

Shop Local..... it's a great idea

I was working on a new set of assignments that I hope my person's 9th graders will like , when I had a flash of inspiration!



What if we talked about all the great places that there are to shop and eat locally ... I mean after the state wide STAY-AT-Home order for Monday March 30 at 5 pm. We were supposed to be going back to school Monday... now we MIGHT be handing out packets Monday.... Guess time and phone calls from the LCS will tell the tale. Anyway, so like I was saying... I had this flash of genius and so I put a question out on social media and asked that people tell me the best places to eat and shop locally.! Pretty big success actually..... So as I post a picture , I will tell you the location name... make some plans for the future: meet your friends at one or all of these places; help bring Lincolnton back to a healthy state. RIGHT NOW though.... stay home!!! Here we go! Oh! Being a logical sock monkey, I will take an orderly progression of locations starting from LHS and going up around the courthouse and then back up N. Aspen St.


Just up the road from the High School is a magical Sweet shop with all home made yummies! Give it a try ( later ) : Marilyn's Sweet Addictions



Just a little bit further up the hill headed to the courthouse are two places that would allow you to have supper and then cross the street for dessert.  Good Wood Pizzeria and Downtown Dairy Treats !




As you go around the courthouse, you will notice two more formal sit down restaurants ; one on the left - Graffiti's and the other on the right - Court Street Grille. I have been told great food at both.




Just around the bottom of the courthouse hill there is a side road that goes by the back of the Post Office. I was told that there is a brand new place there called Untapped Territory..... heard it is good!
But, the place that got mentioned first and by multiple people is right on the corner. It is a landmark in town and the debate apparently is whether the hot dogs, cheeseburgers, hamburgers or fried chicken is the best. Round of applause for City Lunch.




If I ate at each of these places so far , I would be one round monkey and we aren't finished yet!
As we head around the corner from City Lunch , there is a meat market /deli place that has sandwiches taller than I am! Appropriately enough, it is called The Meating Place.



Most of the food places are clustered towards that end of town.... makes sense, right? Lawyers, lunch ...get it? Not all of them are however. Harvest Moon Grille and BBQ King are a little bit away from the other places, but they are worth looking for! Harvest Moon Grille is across from the Post Office and BBQ King is in Boger City by Buffalo Shoals Rd!



 But , there are some cute shops in Lincolnton as well. Some are vintage items and some sell clothes and other things.... take a look at what is in town!









What a fantastic selection! I know once we are no longer in social distancing or stay-at-home status, that you will need birthday gifts or a treat for yourself ... check one or all of these places out! I bet you will have great success.

I am sure that you are all well aware of my person's LOVE of coffee. Well, as we head back down towards the high school around the court house, there is the best coffee shop EVER!! Fausto Coffee and for the kiddos ( old or young ) that don't like coffee but like games ; visit the Game - Swap Superstore until your coffee lover is finished.


 One last eatery that is tucked really away from all the rest is Zhay's Bar and Grille near the Laundromat..... I have heard that they have great chicken Kabob's .


My apologies to any other great places... at the time of my blogging , these were the ones people sent me.

So, this little monkey was tired after all the checking and photographing so it was time to try some of the goodies , check out a new recipe and relax with a good book , if even just for a short while.





Words of wisdom:     Clouds come floating into my life, 
                                    no longer to carry rain or usher storm, 
                                    but to add color to my sunset sky. 

                                                                                                                Rabindranath Tagore


No comments:

Post a Comment