Tuesday, March 24, 2020

This little piggy ...... or how to spend time on a farm in the rain !

Who knew that two baby goats, about 15 adult goats, a pony , a burro , a rooster , 2 dogs , a wee black pig and a really big pig named Grunt could make my day. It started out just like any other day except that my person turned off the alarm and when Delta finally woke her up at 6 am instead of 5 am , she was a bit grumpy because she felt like she was running late. My immediate thoughts: Really ? Late? Who will be there today besides you? Teague is working from home, Benoit and Sandy are working from home...... you could run laps around the 200 hall if you wanted to there are so few people there. I really do understand though, she wants to keep the routine, because if she doesn't , she feels like she won't get anything done and then WHEN school starts up again, she will be all screwed up.... I do get it. Really I do.

So off we go and still manage to get to school before 7 and before EVERYBODY else that is coming in , except Michele and she got there right before we did. That is ok, she has plants to tend to and that is an important job. Speaking of plants. Guess what arrived today? The Tomatosphere seeds. The ones we grow every spring and send the results to the Space Agency to let them know what might grow good on Mars. Guess that will be a fall project , it's a shame because my person's kids love growing the tomatoes and finding out which seeds were on the space station. I really feel like I did my part today. I helped work on certifications and NCCAAT course; helped get the Martian readings set and then gathered some of the stuff she has at school that might as well come home so she can eat/drink it there.





The best part of the day came on the way home. We decided to check out the Dallas Lavender Lane Farm ! Oh Yeah!! Lavender everywhere...... plants and great smells and big fields that will be a super spot for visits in the summer. Best thing was the purple trolly!! It was really wet and you know that I still have a bad memory of really wet , so I deferred from having my ride and picture today. But I will.. you can bet on  that.

So... my second best thing was making ANOTHER new friend. The owner of the farm , Mark is a super great guy and his pet pig just made my day. I saw lots and lots of other animals and petted most of them... holy moly were those baby goats soft!! Whew!! The pig's name is Grunt and he is a grand pig. Truth be known, he basically runs the place and HE knows he is a house pig..... not a pasture or pen pig. That doesn't mean he won't take a stroll about and if you sort of hint at that you will pet his belly - well he will just plop down and let you have at it!! I like my new friend Grunt and I hope you can meet him some day too.




What is your favorite flower or herb? What is your favorite smell? and here is a really hard one : what color is your mood today?  Mine and my person's is lavender ( both the plant/flower and color).

Words of wisdom:
When we look deeply into the heart of a flower,
We see clouds, sunshine, minerals, time, the Earth and
Everything else in the Cosmos in it.
Without clouds there would be no rain ,
and without rain there would be no flower.          Thich Nhat Hanh




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Grunt looks like a nice pig. Glad you had time to go by and visit. Take care of yourself and your person please she is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are having fun Mrs. Bosiak I hope I met your new pet someday. I miss school already I'm starting to get bored but see you later and take care.

    ReplyDelete