Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Make each day a masterpiece. Don't think your best days are out there somewhere. Why not today? Why can't today be a great day? It can if you believe it will.     John Wooden  
Coach Carr would be so proud of me, I know how much he loves Wooden. So let me show you how the day started out. It really was a most beautiful sunrise and got my brain thinking about how we should make today a great day... no matter what we are doing...... check out this sunrise!!

Gorgeous, right? What did I tell you!! This wee monkey has some great taste.  Last night was a fun night, so normally when it isn't soccer season , my person and her person play trivia with Leith , Teague , Benoit , Brett , Courtney and a bunch of folks. They call themselves , Birds of a Feather  which is really funny because they are nothing alike, but they do great together as a team. In fact, they have broken all the records for the trivia competition and the rules even got changed around because they are just that good that they were unbeatable. Any way, so last night ; Leith's dad put together a trivia night among the birds because regular trivia is shut down. My person is familiar with Kahoot , but her person was not so sure and so I had to illustrate how to use the game site......  I look good don't I ? 


My people didn't finish first , because of some dumb mistakes but the team of NH2 ended up in third out of everyone, so overall not a bad night.


We worked at school today and got some things done. The next several days will be busy because the teachers have to get a Phase 3 packet ready ... JUST in CASE they need it. My person puts a lot of time into figuring out what to put in the packet or on canvas..... so I will have lots to keep me busy. Today , my job was weather data and crossing out the month of April ... NO NO!! I mean the days. Did I say month?




I know, I shouldn't be so grumpy , but I worked hard today and had no latte or red jelly beans and my people actually went and got take out Duck Donuts. I mean is that fair?  I think not..... I am looking forward to tomorrow.. actually I look forward to every day , but tomorrow is special. I get to take a bubble bath and change my garden clothes out for something nice. So .... stay tuned.

My favorite quote and so my words of wisdom for today are from the great Jim Valvano - coach of the 1983 NCAA Champion NC State Wolfpack. 
His words are so important that we should read them every day:

" To me , there are three things that everyone should do everyday . Number one is laugh. Number two is think - spend some time in thought. Number three , you should have your emotions move you to tears". 

These are powerful words. Jim Valvano passed away in 1993 , but right up until his death , he spoke about the three things and that you never give up. 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Cosee I needed to be reminded to “Never give up”. It is getting harder here. Don’t get too busy, get outside and enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete