Tuesday, April 7, 2020

A Pink Super Moon , Big Foot and an afternoon of movie monsters? Sounds perfect to me!

So the day started just like any other day. My person's alarm clock annoyingly went off at 5:05 AM... yes I said morning , in the dark. What was she thinking.... she said she has to stay on the schedule or she will have hard time getting back on the schedule. Ok, I guess that makes sense. For me. I prefer a good hot soak in a tub to start my day and so that is what I did.... check it out. I am all sparkly and shiny clean now!


Off to school and my person got all the folders in the teachers home room boxes and the my person's person went and paid some bills before it is considered unessential to do that. We heard from the Allstate lady that three people got tickets the other day for paying their bills. We were met with really pretty flowers blooming and it is a shame that the kids won't see them before the flowers fade. But you can see them here!



Speaking of flowers, you know how much my person loves lavender... well her Spanish lavender is blooming and it is really pretty...... love that deep purple...




Can't wait for the rest of it to bloom... the smell is so awesome. Well we didn't stay at school much after noon and on the way out of Lincolnton, my person was completely startled to see Big Foot! I was excited to because I know how many people spend hours looking for him and there he was.... Good thing that my person is friendly because he is really really big!!!



Needless to say , we finally made it home and it was LUNCH TIME !! So I had a wee sandwich while everyone else ate Japan.  I made this by myself because they were too wrapped up in food and the telly.



Once I got my sandwich taken care of and wandered into the living room , I could see what they were so intently watching.... TCM was showing 5 movie monster movies in a row! Oh Man!!! I am all over that ... Attack of the 50Ft Woman , then THEM ! , then Forbidden Planet and then the original, in Japanese Godzilla and finally The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Whoo Hoo!!! Getting settled in for a binge watch...








I was fascinated by the work in these movies... I mean really... you look...







and then.........................




I bet that the 50Ft woman could have taken care of those giant ants...... humans had a little problem...


or how about Robby the Robot's debut performance?



Our movie adventures were brought back to Earth abruptly when bomb testing woke up Godzilla and he basically trashed Tokyo....... well until they discovered the oxygen destroyer and that was that.....






I feel pretty bad for Godzilla , but I really feel bad for the Creature. I mean , he was in the Amazon minding his own business and these explorers looking for fossils barged into his lagoon and disrupted everything. But, he is the one that they try to kill when he just wanted to be left alone. Well , he did want to kidnap the girl , but that isn't the point. Is it?




Not a bad looking movie monster ... nope not at all.

I am in the process of collecting all sorts of comments on comfort food and so we will chat about that tomorrow . So be thinking about how we are different, but yet very similar......


The moon is shielded by clouds here in Denver and so I will share a picture that a friend of my person's took in New England and Ohio  earlier this evening.... enjoy.... it is lovely.







Words of Wisdom:


“Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star. “      – W. Clement Stone

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Cosee you had a lazy afternoon. I can’t believe you watched all those movies ~ they are from a little while back you know. Lol So glad you and your person are staying safe. On to more of your journey.

    ReplyDelete