Tuesday, August 12, 2014

a winter's tale begins..................

I can honestly say that it has been a trip that will be a memory for a lifetime. But where to begin the tale? Do I start with the rainy day in Charlotte and the US AIR flight that was 5 hours to LA with no food or entertainment? or do I start with all the lattes I have finished off in the past 36 hours to try to stay awake? They have been awesome and delicious but believe it or not I am not craving one at the moment. Yes! I actually said that I do not want a latte at the moment...............now you all understand that this is me speaking and we all know that this sentiment will most likely last a grand total of time that is not even measurable..............

Ok so to pick up with the story. We have arrived at LAX and it is about 12 midnight. Ok so at that point I do want a latte and I am a wee bit hungry. Latte and strawberry almond scone scored and eaten.... didn't make much of a dent in the hunger , but it will have to do. We decide it is a good time to check on the gate and times and discover that the American Airline reservation that I thought I had is actually an Air Tahiti reservation and it is in the international terminal for LAX. This is not a problem though  and we wander on to the Tom Bradley International Terminal . Interestingly enough, it is like walking into a whole world of foreign visitors and there were relatively few folks that had the definite US citizen look. LOL !! We did though.............. Our flight to LA was so-so but the flight to Tahiti started by walking onto a plane that was brightly colored and full of flowered patterns and pictures. The flight attendants all had on brightly colored outfits and the food was nonstop. I did opt to sleep though because the time was starting to catch up on me and I knew that I had a long way to still travel.

Well that was refreshing and as I awake I am sure that I have slept most of the trip..... unfortunately, I have only slept about 4 hours and that is nowhere near long enough.....The flight is full and so no sleeping across rows for me! Pick a movie: Lilo & Stitch....looks ok and so the marathon sessions start; would really rather catch up on Longmire , but no wifi puts an end to that.

What happened once we got to Tahiti? Tune in tomorrow folks.................it will surprise you. Well maybe not all of you because you know me so well.....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment